Ending Registered Partnership

If you want to end your registered partnership, court intervention is not necessary if you do not have (minor) children and expect that you and your (ex-)partner can agree with each other on aspects of the separation. We can help you establish agreements on the division of assets and alimony. You can then ask the civil registrar to dissolve the registered partnership.

If you do have minor children, then the same rules apply as for a marriage. You will have to file in court to dissolve your partnership and also prepare a parenting plan. You may choose to share the same attorney; see mediation. If you disagree with each other and you believe that the situation will not change, then you may begin court proceedings.

Lees over ontbinden geregistreerd partnerschap in het Nederlands