If you are married and planning to get a divorce, you will need a lawyer. If you are living together and decide to separate, it may often be useful to seek legal advice and assistance in preparing a separation agreement and/or establishing a parenting plan. If you believe that you and your partner are both willing to agree on the outcome of the separation, you may choose to use the same attorney. The lawyer-mediator will then counsel you in making the necessary arrangements.

In this case there can be mediation. However, if you already know that you and your partner are not able to agree on a solution together, you may decide to hire your own lawyer and initiate a court procedure. Franssen Advocaten is particularly specialized in the field of international divorce.

More about…

Lees over Echtscheiding in het Nederlands